Wholecloth

If I did a Queen wholecloth for someone how would I know how to charge? I would make the quilt from start to finish. Someone asked how much and they know I haven't done one yet and they know this. I am beginning a smaller one now and trying to find time to load and begin at some point when I'm caught up.

What would I sell a finished product for or how would I go about deciding that? I know this is a tough question.

I haven't found too many for sale to compare with.

Why not ask an undisputed Queen of wholecloth--Karen McTavish? She has an email address on her website. If you do it all from design to full execution, I'm thinking it should be Big Bucks! Also, a full trapunto (as opposed to faux trapunto) adds many, many hours to the project. You say it's queen size? Does that mean it's to be a bed cover? In that case you might want to do the faux trapunto. "Real" trapunto is striking as a wall piece, but might not be as effective on a bed--maybe too "puffy"? Just a thought.

Linda Rech

Tammie,

Sspingler is right, lots of ways to calculate this, but I will tell you that I would charge into the 4 digits for this.

That & the fact I do not trim or clip the cut away Trapunto for anyone. It is labor intensive & a risk cutting the top that is not yours!:mad:

You will be happy to know that is part of what Karen covers in her works shops when you come in August.;)

Archived