Mountain Mist Battings

Carol,

I recently purchased a roll of Mountain Mist White Rose after doing some research and hearing that others were pleased with the results they were getting from this product.

I live in Hawaii, temperatures range between mid-seventies and high eighties with high humidity. I wanted a light cotton batting, with good drapeability. The White Rose is very soft, thin but stable, and drapeable.

I used to use Warm and Natural, but it was heavy and stiff compared to MMWR.

Quilting definition is okay right after quilting, but has that old-fashioned look with slight shrinking after washing (as with most cotton battings.)

I do a lot of comfort "binkies" and I like them floppy and soft to the touch. MMWR works for this type of quilting.

Plus the price (with shipping to Hawaii) was reasonable!

I was buying rolls of MM Eco Craft 50/50. It is 50% cotton and 50% cellulose fiber from corn. It was WONDERFUL! But then I got a roll that was very uneven, rough and terrible. I called the company. They ended up refunding my money because they thought if they sent me another roll, it would be from the same batch. That's been several months and I haven't called again to see if they got the good stuff back. I bought Hobbs 80/20 in the mean time and it is a lot stiffer. When it is gone I'll call MM and see what the story is.

Yes, I like Quilters Dream too. There is a new batting out called Legacy Permier Quilt Batting. It can be purchased through P & B Textiles. I have ordered samples and hope they arrive today. Will let you know what I think once I have had time to check them out.

Carol

Amarillo, TX

Milllie with CompuQuilter ;)

Archived