Quilting time frame

HI everyone. I'm seriously looking at purchasing a Millie (with computer), if possible. And I want it NOW, no, yesterday!, want to quit my job, have ALL the bells and whistles, have coffee with my friends as we all lovingly caress my new "baby". But it seems I must live in reality, and not that lovely dream world. Or do I?

How much time do you allot per quilt? I know this is a very subjective question. But what is a reasonable amount of time to expect to spend? Thanks, everyone.

Hi,

That is an almost impossible question to answer. I have spent anywhere from 2 hours for a smaller quilt edge to edge quilting to hours doing custom work. On average I would say that doing a twin size quilt, I probably average 3-4 hours from putting on, freehand or panto stitching and taking it off the frame.

I don't work full time on this, but I would imagine that for a quilter who does this for a living full time is probably faster than someone who quilts maybe 5-6 quilts/month.

Char

There's really no way to provide a good answer to your question, although almost all of us have had that same question when we first started. There are queens that I've meandered that took hours and there are queens that were custom that took longer than a week.

I think I'm living in a dream world because I have too much fun every day so . . you should be able to do it too.

Good luck!

Archived