Need some quilting ideas

Hi all:

I'm sorry that there is no photo to accompany my request. I'm working on an Indian Orange Peel (a paper pieced pattern by Karen Stone) which has a tremendous number of spikey points (like a NY Beauty only more so). Since there are several quilt patterns with spikes like this (pickle dish also comes to mind) or long skinny triangles, I'm hoping that some of you will send me your suggestions for how to quilt these areas. Thanks so much, Nancy in Tucson

Boni:

Thanks, you're a sweetie for finding those photos. Of course, my version is the first pic...really complicated piecing! I bought the pattern 7 years ago and just screwed up the courage to piece it this year. This will be a show quilt for me so the quilting needs to be dense...I am planning 4 feathers in the 4 patch centers...it's those darn spiked arches that I'm struggling with. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks, Nancy in Tucson

I see some detail pics now. I think definitely some wavy lines up the spikes and pebbles between the spikes. Whatever you do, I think there needs to be a good contrast between the quilting in the spikes and the quilting around the spikes. Otherwise it will just all blend together.

Archived