New to the forum

My name is Barb and I have had my Milli for almost a year now (sounds like the beginning of a 12 step program). I met Katy from Katydids in north Florida earlier this year - we had a blast with Sue Patton and Karen McTavish. I think I finally have enough experience on Milli to know what questions to ask - before this there were just way too many questions! There sure are some GREAT people out there in LA world who are willing to share all their wonderful experience and advice.

OK, my question... I just finished a customer quilt and broke/bent no less than 8 needles. Part of it was me trying to quilt a pattern that hit every 4 patch intersection in the quilt and part was the applique "love you daughter" mini-panels scattered on the BACK of the quilt - yes I was quilting through way to many layers of fabric - but hey, live and learn... Soooooo with all this bendage/breakage of needles, how do I know if my poor Milli's timing needs adjusting?

if your timing is off- you'll know it....

you'll get skipped stitches, especially when moving the machine (from the freemotion/needle side) to the North West (you moving the machine will be due south)

or if it's really off, your needle will hit the hook assembly, but i'd check the retaining finger too...that can mimic timing issues

at least, that's how Nemo rolls....

Archived