Flourescent Lighting Question

Hi,

I'm wondering if those of you who have flourescent lighting for your machines used the fixtures with two bulbs (3 lights, four feet long with two bulbs) or did you get more then two bulbs per light fixture. I'm having my electrical done for my machine and was hoping to hear back on whether two bulbs per fixture will be enough. Thanks! Mercedes

Boni, just normal sized but I had a designer lay out my room plan (before the addition of my LA) and she insisted that I use four fixtures. Seemed like overkill at the time and I had to argue with the electrician about it, but it has been a blessing. I have no shadows or distortion and as I have gotten older my eyes need more light so I guess she was right!

Good luck, Kay, with whatever fixtures you choose.

Vickie Oliver

Beachside Quilter

APQS Rep SW FL

Flourescent lighting is so hard on the eyes, it has a constant flicker that you don't see until your eyes are tired at the end of the day. I only use the light on my machine or the halogen snake light to see where I'm quilting. The more light you have on the quilt, the less you can see, especially of it's tone on tone. I put in track lighting to light the quilts on the wall for photographing.

Natural side lighting from a window is also good. A sewing room with lot's of windows is great.

Archived