camp mowana

Hi all! Well, I'm back at work after a wonderful week at camp! Camp was AWESOME!!! I learned so much that my head is swimming and I am wanting to be home quilting today, but had to be at work! It was SO fun meeting everyone from the chat!! What a blast! Jamie , Pam and Deloa are fantastic teachers! Their work is incredible!! I felt like the very first hour with Jamie was worth a million bucks! then it just kept going! LOVED IT!!! linda

Linda,

I'm so glad you loved camp! It was so much fun meeting you and you are just the nicest person on earth! I just got in about an hour ago. Had a good drive home but boy is it great to be home. We stayed and drove Dave crazy by helping load up all the machines. All I can say is Dave & Deloa work their butts off to set up this camp! The classes I had this year were fantastic again! I always wonder if it will be as fun as it was before and it always is! I had Pam Clark's class on Monday and boy was that fantastic. So many great hints and tips for quick quilting and great designs. Then I had a piecing class with Jamie and he is just one of the most wonderful human beings I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! Truly just the most caring, compasionate and tender hearted person and so giving! His talent is over the moon. His inking class was just fantastic!!!! I hope just a little of his talent rubbed off on me! I can't wait to get to using some of the things I learned! I also bought a fantastic quilt top from Rita and can't wait to get to quilting it!

Heidi! HI!! It was so neat to meet YOU!! What fun!! I keep laughing now, how I was walking past that room the first night where you were talking with Deloa and thinking....."I think that MIGHT be Heidi..." (She had glasses on , girls, didn't look exactly like her pic:)) Oh! I just can't even begin to tell you how much I learned!! WoW! I was wondering if you were going to stay another night cause you would have gotten a much later start than us, since you had that afternoon class. Did you stay at camp or in a hotel? I agree with you! Jamie is about the nicest person I have ever met! I liked the way he would say when we were drawing one of the designs...." It looks good on you"....Meaning, it wasn't exactly right, but good job! He's so encouraging !!! And Pam was wonderful!! So full of good easy ways to make fantastic designs!! And how sweet is Deloa? I tell ya, I'm ready for next year already!! Oh..... wait..... I better practice what I learned this time first!! It was the BEST!!! linda

I WANNA GO TO MOWANA! :P

I took a class from Jamie at MQS and fell in love with him. What a sweetie he is. Totally the nicest guy and so sincere. I also took a class from DeLoa and again, she is lovely. But ya know MQS not the same as being at a camp setting with more 1x1 focus and time to get to know the teachers and students. I plan on going to Mowana next year. I hope Jamie is there again. I know DeLoa will be there. Maybe I get to meet some of you all, too. I think my MIL Ingrid would appreciate this camp setting and she will come with me if it fits the time frame around their 50th anniversary celebration next year. I am glad you all had fun.

Linda,

We drove to just outside of Erie, PA. We helped (I hope it was help) Deloa and Dave pack up the machines and tear things down. What a ton of work they do after a long week. Yes I do look different without my glasses and I so wish I could still wear my contacts 24/7 but until they get them for trifocals that really work I'm stuck with glasses! It also didn't help that I had my hair shorter and not pulled back! The weather was so not good for my fine straight hair! You all Linda has the most beautiful curls and I was so jealous!!!!!

Shana - I can't say enough good about camp. It is great. Next year I'm sure Jamie will be there, Deloa of course, Jessica is coming too I think and Irena Bloom. What is most wonderful about camp is that you get tons in class (6 hours total) but the sharing doesn't stop there. We had a blast driving to an fabric barn, had show and tell and then Wed. night was just fun sharing and talking. You can also go back to your room and relax if you want. It is a very relaxing atmosphere and class size is limited to 12. It is a real bargain! The food wasn't the best this year but I don't go for the food and I didn't starve! I should be so lucky.

Oh goodie goodie gum drops! Jamie, Irena, Jessie and mom & dad will be there! I gotta drag Ingrid with me. I hope the dates fit around (before or after) sept 20th.... we (the Clay family) will be having a family reunion for mom & pop's 50th wedding celebration. I must find out when Mowana is in 2010.

Linda,

It was fantastic meeting you. I learned a lot too. The lights that I bought from Dave are installed on the top of the machine. I will need help getting the bottom one put on. It is so great to being able to see.

I want to load some muslin and practice. I need to schedule out the week so I can watch the DVDs and then practice. Jaime's and Pam's classes on quilting designs was great. The inking and painting we did in Jaime's Thursday's class was great. I need to order more thread so I can try to thread paint it

Linda I practiced a touch today and I'm putting some of Pam Clark's designs on a customer quilt I'm doing. It is a round robin quilt that members of my guild did. This one is really pretty and has a beautiful appliqued border on it. It has lots of borders and embroidery too so I'm trying to find designs that work. The first design I thought I was going to do didn't work so I had to start over. I hope it stitches out well because I don't have anymore time to practice!

Archived