Giant Baptist Fans

mcmullen

I recently purchased these boards and noticed when quilting that the lines don't touch/connect to the previous circle quilted. There is a tiny space between them . Is this correct? Is there a way to make them connect? I think it's beautiful the way it is but am thinking some die-hard customers might not like that.Maybe I'm not doing it right Thanks

I think you are doing it right. If they did touch that would mean the groove would go into the fan and it would be easy to go where you are not wanting to. Clear as mud for ya??? hahaha. I mean there has to be some separation.

As far as the die hards, I don't think I'd use any kind of template/groovy board on their quilts. I'd mark them and then quilt away!

Maybe Michael will chime in here?? yoohooo?? where are you?:o:o

Hi,

The Circle Lord Baptist fan template is continuous. I was inspired to make this template by Sherry Rogers-Harrison. At first, it had one row of 10" fans. Many felt that this was too large for smaller quilts, so I then did the Double 7" Baptist fan template.

This design is not a problem for any customer. Some have won prizes with it. Just like harmonics give music that special quality, the extra lines give your quilt added texture.

Many quilters have told me that, either, their customers would not like the Baptist Fan, or do not want it done. I ask, " Have you offered it?". Usually not. There are several examples you can show them in the Baptist Fan Blog

Thank you Linnea for another beautiful example.

Have fun with it. You can even watch TV while doing it.

Cheers,

Michael

I love my CL Baptist Fan. I think it looks great on Thimbleberries Fabrics and Civil War/repro fabrics, on the more traditional fabrics. I also like the BF on masculine quilts - the ones that don't look good with flowers and feathers, etc. And, the CL pattern boards are so easy to use!

I love using my various CL pattern boards and think they really enhance quilts such as the Yellow Brick Road, Turning Twenty, Take Five,...those quilts with large blocks that piece together quickly. Most of these quilts don't seem to be candidates for "custom" quilting, and the pattern boards are perfect. They are quick to quilt (ka-ching) and always look great!

Archived