north east, east Ohio quilters help

Okay someone please tell me there are wonderful guilds and quilt groups around these areas, Lordstown, Lisbon, Youngstown, Warren etc.

We found out Oct. 27 that my husband has to report to work in Lordstown on Nov. 17. So we are looking at houses around that area. We spent last weekend weeding out areas and this weekend we are looking at houses in Lisbon area. The schools don't look promising in that area and I have 2 kids in school.

I think Bobbi lives in Defiance and ( hope I have the name right, I can see your face in my mind) Barb I think lives in Boardman.

Please tell me there are some friendly quilt groups in the area.

I have very little computer time right now. Mostly I spend my computer time looking at houses. I'm trying to shut down my business, pack up the house we live in and do repairs so we can put it on the market, etc. What a mess.

Anyhow I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks

Michele

Oh you silly girl! I live in North Canton... My PO Box is 5 minutes away in Uniontown....

However! You will be about 45minutes (+ or -) away... not as bad as and hour and a half! Let me know how the move goes! I'll check on some groups - I'd love for your to be in some of our wonderful guilds!!!!!

Good luck on the move!

Michele -Bobbi and I joined a guild a few months ago that's FANTASTIC...the other night we found out that the girl/woman who runs "thousandsofbolts.com" is probably going to join...the guild is in Hanoverton and sometimes meets in Salem...about 20 minutes from Lisbon. and I was thinking of you the other day...if you're that close we could dye fabric together...cool beans! Rita

Rita, Yep that is where he is going to work. I'm having a real hard time with my husband and a house. He is being very picky about land, trees etc. Stupid, who needs 8 acres when 4 will do and you can plant trees if there aren't enough. ARGGG.

We looked at 5 available houses today, 2 hours away one way, all that my husband wanted to look at because of the land. None worked. So he is not willing to work his way north. ARGGGG I'm going to kill him before this is over.

Gotta go.

Michele

Rita, Sorry about the confusion, LOL. I'm not the happy laughing girl you met right now. My mind is going in a 100 different

directions.

2 hours from Mansfield, with an 8 yr old and a 14 yr old. Bless your heart for wanting to help. Pray is the only thing I can think of. I have found MANY suitable homes and there is always something he doesn't like about them.

Thanks, I'll probably need to show up at your house for quilt talk when we move.

Michele

Michele,

If the school system is not to your liking you can home school. I home schooled mine at different times because of the school systems. I am fortunate that my girls were driven to complete their school work and I never had any problems. My youngest completed her last 2 years of high school at home and has graduated from University of Virginia. It was great having her around, but we are good friends too.

Archived