Thank you Patty Butcher and Lisa Mullins!

I can't thank Patty and Lisa enough for coming to my rescue! I have rheumatoid arthritis which has gotten worse over the last year. My Liberty was becoming difficult to move, so I listed it for sale. This weekend I attended the quilt show in West Palm Beach and spoke to Patty and Lisa. I test drove the Milli and Freedom they had set up and was able to manipulate these machines with no trouble. They were just gliding along. Today Patty and Lisa stopped by my house on the way home from the show. They installed the edgerider wheels I purchased . They checked my table and with a few adjustments had it level. My machine feels great. I feel like I have a brand new machine! I am so excited I can't wait to get that charity quilt loaded and quilted! It has been sitting for 2 months. I have removed my machine from the for sale forum. It is now off the market. I really can't thank Patty and Lisa enough. They are wonderful! They went out of their way to help me and now I am in love with my Liberty again! Thank you again Patty and Lisa!

Carol

Carol

I am sitting in my Rhuematolgist's office as I type this! I have severe RA controlled by biologics. I'm so sorry to hear yours is getting worse, doesn't take much to tell does it? I'm so happy you have worked things out with the ER's and fine tuning your table so you can continue to quilt! That is why I want a Millie, it just seems like the perfect machine! I'm so happy for you!

Hi Kenna,

I am also on biologics. They are a blessing. Since my rheumatologist uped my Orencia dose a few months ago I have felt soooo much better. I'm glad you are doing well and hope you are able to get your Milli soon. It was sooo dreamy! I wish APQS would make Milli's handles more adjustable so you could move them to a more vertical position. The new lighting on the Milli was wonderful. What machine do you have now?

Carol

Kenna, you may want to consider a Lenni as it is a lot lighter than is the Milli. Now, it doesn't have the fabric advance and such you may need but it was just a thought. I too have RA but nothing to compare to what you are report. A pill a day is all I need. My fingers are starting to crook but they don't hurt. Good luck to you.

Carol, I am so glad you can quilt again. Being sick is bad enough but getting to do what you love seems to help us through the bad times. Post a picture, girl!

Originally posted by uncquilter

I wish APQS would make Milli's handles more adjustable so you could move them to a more vertical position.

Hi Carol,

The beauty of the Millie handles is that they ARE so adjustable! Mine move like a knife through hot butter. But I do a few things to them before installing, to make the movement very smooth.

1. Remove the handles and the part that encases them.

2. Get some good emery cloth and sand the handles smooth, until they shine like silver. Try to sand in the direction of the grain of the aluminum.

3. Sand the corners of the bracket that holds the handles and try to "round" the corners off a bit.

4. Buff clean.

5. Next, put a couple drops of oil on the bracket, or spray with silicone and spread around.

4. Reinstall the handles, making SURE you don't tighten the screws too much. Make them JUST tight enough to hold the handles in place, but loose enough you can move them "on the fly".

Now you can move them up, down, in between. Prepare to LOVE your new handles! ;)

Carol,

Patty and I are sitting at my house after coming back from yours. We had some retail therapy this afternoon. It's shocking but we visited a fabric store! It was great to spend time with you in your beautiful studio! Glad that your Liberty is moving so nicely now!

Thank you and hope to see you again soon!!!

Lisa and Patty

Lisa and Patty,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your shopping. Who doesn't love shopping? Speaking of shopping....let me know how tall those lights are. I'd really like to add them to my Liberty. Thank you again for your help!

Carol

ps Thanks for the kind words about my studio. I just finished painting it not too long ago. It took forever. I could only do about a 6 by 8 foot section at a time before my joints would complain and I would have to stop. Finally done and I will never paint again!

Archived