Playatime - with the new Wreath feature

APQS

Hi everyone

How many of you have played with the new linear, wreath and circular arrays. I've just been arranging the new designs I bought from Kim Darwin for $1. The Greek triangle looks fantastic as a wreath.

Just for fun I made a CQ straight line into a wreath - it makes a hexagon, I've also played about with a lot of Keryn Emerson's motif and sash designs and they make beautiful wreaths.

If you've come across some great wreath or circular designs it would be great to share here so we can all try them.

Sue in Australia

Lesley

I'm sure YOU can guess (knowing me) I haven't quilted them out, just brought them up on the screen - you know like lots of people do with eQ5 - make 100s of pretend quilts. Suppose I will have to take some pics or 5 like you said!

Maybe later today - when I have some SPARe

time!

Sue

Try playing around with the flames overall pattern (I bought this from the Pattern Station- www.quiltscomplete.com) . Also try Deb's (www.designsbydeb.biz) dragonfly border... I could go on and on-------

:P:D It's completely addictive trying to see how many new designs can be made with the new CQ features!!!

Getting *FREE* CQ software upgrades is the best!!!

Grammie,

You CAN use some of the simpler repeat patterns with the new wreath function. The flames pattern I was talking about is an all-over pattern!

Sue,

I've been *very* busy and have hardly been home at all. I was in Chicago Thursday and Friday, in North Carolina Sunday and Monday, leaving for Atlanta Georgia today till Friday, in Nashville this weekend, and then Pensacola next week!!! BUSY! BUSY!... but that's good!!!!

:P:P:P

Okay, Here's something everyone with a CQ can try.... Pull up the CQ pattern called Paris Pan and put it in the wreath function with 8 repeats. Now click on the stretch function and change the minor diameter to 2 inches. Take some time to see how the design will change as you "stretch" the major and minor diameters.... as well as change the number of repeats. NOTE: When you change the number of repeats, this will change the overall shape of every design to triangular (3), or square (4) and etc. When you create a design that you like... make sure to save it in your CQ pattern folders!!

Try the all-over pattern called Tassels (it's also from Pattern Station) as a wreath too- This one turns into a really sweet motif too.... .

Y'all have fun!!!!:P

Hi everyone

I've been having so much fun playing with the array feature and wanted to share what I'd done but to actually quilt the design out then take a GOOD photo and post it here was beyond me for several reasons.

I found out an easy way we can share the cool designs that we make here without actually printing them out. This is what I did:

Had fun making the design on the screen then

On the keyboard - hit Print screen

Opened the Paint program which is installed on CQ

Edit - Paste

Edit - Copy to:

Select your removeable drive (memory stick or CD you have just put in the CQ computer)

Click Save

Open the file on your normal computer and print the pic to this message board.

(How? Just above Post Reply and Preview Post it says Attachment and next to it is a box and Browse - click on browse and find the pic)

Lets see if it works!

OK I've nearly got it - I just need to make it larger!!

Measurements read:

patt width 2.608 Maj diameter 8.00

patt height 2.5 No of repeats 6

This is flower B from CQ repeat pattern folder - I didn't make any changes to it. Its fun to see how it changes when you use flip, rotate array or rotate pattern.

Hi Maree

I did the holly last night too but couldn't post the print screen image - I had enough trouble getting the other one up here. I must check out weiner dogs - you know its not my favourite design (I think Stan's quite partial to it) but it sounds cute with them chasing their tales.

Sue

Archived