NQR-Has anyone heard from Gwen (Kool Quilts)

Good morning - has anyone heard from Gwen in the last day or so? I received an e-mail from her saying she is in London and has been mugged. She (???) is asking for money to get home on. Sounds like a scam, but if it is true, I would like to help her. Just trying to see if anyone else knows anything about this.

thanks

Hi Patty Jo,

I just read on another list (Canadian Machine Quilters Association) that a gal by the name of Gwen Koller's email has been hacked...see below...I copied and pasted the response from the other list to here....

Please note that Gwen Koller's email has been hacked via her website (listed

below). You will be getting two phishing emails - one from her to you

personally and one to those on the list. Please ignore.

It is a scam.

Good catch, I don't believe those kinds of emails either. I had one from my niece with the same message a couple of years ago. It is best to check with closer family or friends to see if they really are on a trip. My niece was at work and her husband was already working to trap the phish and correct the problem.

Hope it goes well for Gwen.

Common sense tells me that I think that when someone is mugged or a crime is committed while they are in a foreign country, they should go directly to the authorities (police, hospital, their country's embassy) to get assistance on getting back home. No need to send emails to strangers. This smells really fishy.

I would avoid responding to this email. Maybe even report it to your local police.

Archived