And then there was light . . . . . .

I'm doing the happy dance of joy . . . . .

It's been clear since Maggie Gray arrived at the house back in March that I needed lighting. Maggie is in my living room - where there is NO overhead lighting. Even with a huge bay window providing light, there just wasn't enough light. When I use thread that blends well with a background, I just can't tell where I've been or where I'm going.

I've looked at many lighting solutions - most of which involved installing fixtures not appropriate for a living room. Inspired by an earlier post on the forum and info on Deloa's website, I decided to order lights from Deloa Jones husband Dave. I wrote Dave and asked for a quote on the lights and shipping. He wrote back that he and the family would be passing through Atlanta on December 26! I wrote all the grandparents and arranged our holiday travel so that we would be home today . . . . .

So, I've met two of the nicest folks on earth. Dave installed the lights - and then I got to keep Deloa for a couple of hours. This, after they left Michigan at 2:00 a.m. to arrive at my house around 5:00 p.m. . . . . .

While I usually insist on learning everything the hard way, Deloa explained a couple of things in such a way that even I got them. She was very patient and very kind. I can tell why everyone loves going to Camp with her. As always, I need more PPP'ing to really learn what she showed me, but I am just doing a happy dance. What a lucky girl I am this Christmas:)

And - I can see to quilt. What a grand year 2010 will be! Many, many thanks to Dave and Deloa. Here's wishing you safe travel for the rest of your holiday journey.

Lynn

I was fortunate that Dave was passing through S. California several weeks ago. He very kindly stopped by and installed my lights. The difference is amazing, I can see not only what is on the machine but can move the lights to illuminate different parts of my room. Great service and great product.

Sue

Archived