Private Classes with Karen McTavish

Duluth in March? Sounds Super Fun!

Karen McTavish is dedicating her March 2010 calendar to Private classes!

Brave the cold and come share a day with me in my warm creative studio. One on One private classes, or come with a quilting friend and make it a retreat. Bed and Breakfast nearby or hotel it near the waterfront.

Classes based on student needs and ability - beginners welcome.

Please email me at kmctavish@designerquilts.com for more information and reserve your spot.

Thanks so much!

post--13461903063074_thumb.jpg

I highly recommend Karen's private workshops. I took a full-day workshop 2-1/2 years ago from Karen and it boosted my skills and business into new directions. My post from back then is copied and pasted below. Do it; you won't be sorry you did!

November 2007: I just took a one day Custom Heirloom private workshop from Karen McTavish and it was excellent! Besides teaching me new custom heirloom techniques, she got me going on non-stitch regulated quilting, which is faster and easier on your back, so I'm expecting to be able to turn over quilt jobs faster. Although I have taken loads of classes, it is generally just me, myself and I in my studio, so it was helpful to have her come to my studio and actually watch me quilt and use the machine. This is my fifth year in business as a long armer and Karen was perfect for giving suggestions to speed up my quilting and go in new directions.

Karen has so much to offer because not only has she made it to the top in terms of winning shows, publishing 5 books, etc. for heirloom show quilting; she also put in several years doing regular customer quilts, so has good common sense suggestions in that area as well. She is extremely high energy and packed a lot in to the workshop. It was well worth the money. I felt a real lift with her training and suggestions. I would highly recommend Karen McTavish's workshops to all long armers. She is wonderful! Check out her workshops at http://www.designerquilts.com. I have photos of Karen in my studio on my webshots page, if you are interested.

• 5 weeks later...

....Karen...this is my absolute dream...I am a HUGE fan of your work, and my dream is to book a class with you as soon as possible....my friend Debbie and I are a tag team....she just bought our first Lenni and it is scheduled to arrive on Tues.....our goal.....God willing and the creek don't rise.....is to schedule to take some of your classes in MN ....asap.....I am giddy with anticipation.....I so admire your work, and consider you a master......and am looking forward to learning from you as soon as possible.......so don't you go anywhere....I promise I"ll get out there as soon as I can.....you are such an inspiration......

Karen....I just sent you an email.....I took a Custom Heirloon class with you last year, loved it. It would be fun to have another day with you, I'll bring my slipper too! I really don't care if it is a group class or one on one. My brother lives in the area so I have a place to lay my head. Please send me the info.

Thanks, Rebecca

Archived