Question for John - Turbo Winder Trouble

I have a turbo winder that came with my milli, it used to wind wonderful bobbins, it now winds loose and crappy bobbins, I have cleaned and adjusted the tension parts. Any suggestions, it is about to take flying lessons.

Any help would be appreciated. Luckily I have started using more prewounds, but it is a pain and I have to use a rinky dink bobbin winder I have and it winds beautifully, you just have to baby it.

When you are putting the thread through the discs - do you feel any resistance? If not tighten the tensioner like you would the one on your machine. Put the thread under the discs and then pull up to make sure it is inbetween those discs not sitting on the outside.

good luck.

I'm assuming that the bobbin is spinning at a constant speed. The "O" ring on the drive motor wears very quickly and causes issues. Check your tension disk for debris. It sounds like a tension issue. Compare the tension on your other winder to your Turbo and it should be about the same. In a pinch you can probably use your DSM winder.

John

Thanks, as soon as I clean my room of minky remnants after making 6 minky quilts for christmas I will give it another try. I have about a 1/4" of minky fuzz everywhere, so not much chance in cleaning tension disks until I get defuzzed. It will be in the morning as I have curtains for a customer to make tomorrow and will be receiving 2 quilts. And I thought I was going to work on my stuff.

Guess not!

Archived