Magna-glide comparison.

I found this on the MQR forum and wanted to share. Pretty cool

to watch. I just got these bobbins myself. Here it is:

I found this comparison of magna-glide (magnetic core pre-wound bobbin) to an imported magnetic bobbin. Because I test my bobbins all the time -- before I start sewing, when I can in the middle of sewing -- I have found how widely my bobbin tension can fluctuate, both in bobbins that I wind and in pre-wounds (I haven't tried a maga-glide yet but I will very, very soon). The tension of the maga-glide is impressively steady.

The video can be found here:

http://www.bobbincentral.com/Magna_Glide_video_s/207.htm

WOW! That is really amazing. The Magna Glide tension barely blinked and the tension of the other bobbin was all over the charts. I have a few of the Magna Glide bobbins stashed in a drawer somewhere but I'm going to get them out and try them. I have read reviews that other quilters like them. Thanks for posting the video link.

That is a great video showing the difference!

I have some Magna Glide bobbins but haven't had a chance to try them out.

If you noticed, the bobbin cases were the ones with a pigtail. Not recommended or needed by APQS machines.

Also, this is a comparison of bobbins with magnets--sort of apples and apples. The jumpy Brand X bobbin really doesn't have anything to do with the magnets and everything to do with the quality of the THREAD. If the thread is inferior--with slubs that catch on the bobbin case--you will not have good tension. The FilTec bobbin with the even feed is definitely better thread.

I am impressed and will buy more from Bobbin Central.:)

I have been using some Magna glide bobbins that I got in a sample pack from Bobbin Central. I love, love them. Very smooth, no backlash or nests or loopies at all. I will be placing an order for more this weekend while the free shipping offer is in effect.

Side note, I just finished umquilting a large area (nevermind, it's a long story). The thread on the magna glide is very strong, !@$#%^@

I use the magna-glide on my 6 needle embroidery machines and love them. The tension is perfect and they seem to last longer then a standard pre-wound. They also have magna-quilt bobbins which are cotton thread which I use on my "gator". There's no cardboard to mess with, no spring (you take it out of your bobbin case) and no back lash. If you order from them they will also provide an envelope to send the little center magnets back for recycling. They are really trying to get in with Long Armers, sign up on the website and you will get a nice sample box. Very soon, they will be selling their spools of thread with matching bobbins included. http://www.bobbincentral.com/

Archived