Source of Nested Circles/Bubbles Quilting Pattern?

A customer came with a photo of a quilt with quilting that looks like a CL type of pattern, but I can't find it -- maybe it is something else. The pattern consists of three medium-size nested circles, a string of about 9 small circles, 3 medium circles together, and a spiral with a small circle in the center; these objects are all together, evenly spaced, and the quilt is quilted as an overall. Any ideas? TIA!

It sounds like the circles were made with the basic Circle Lord which comes with the squircles - templates that go on the stepping disk. They are various sizes and can be placed on the stepping disk in different holes to position the circles and make them the size you want. I haven't done this yet, but it is on my "to do" list. I think the result will be fabulous! OK, so if one of you CL experts are out there and my guess and explaination is off, please jump in here!

Hi Carmen,

You may be looking for this Circle Lord Template. Watch this video on You Tube. A quarter of a way into the video you will see the different size circles. Circle Lord calls the video "Doodle on the Dark Side". It looks like the circles are made with the basic circle squircle attachment.

(from Angie who does not have a Circle Lord, but "doodles" with the idea of buying one at times, so watches everything she can find about it)

Angie, I watched the You Tube video. Michael and Kay are demonstrating several templates as well as the squircles. This is what it looks like to me: The feather wreath and spiders are made from the Spider Web/Mini Featherz template. The large circle around the feather and spiders is done with the fan blade that is part of the basic CL. Then several circles are made with one of the squircles. I think the next template used is the Diamondz (green template in the Doodle on the Dark Side video, followed by the the 12" squircle which is used to make the arcs on the sample piece. The squircles are part of the basic CL package.

Angie, you will love a Circle Lord! I love mine and the challenge that was made and the generous prizes being offered by Michael were enough to get me to use the CL more, as well as some of the templates that I have that hadn't been put to use. The more I use it, the more I learn about using it. And it is very easy to use. I'm a beginner quilter and the CL makes my quilting look good! The CL and all of the templates for it produce beautiful results. I think the challenge is intended to get CL owners to stretch our imaginatiion and use the CL and templates as a beginning and quilt beyond the basic designs they provide.

Joan, if you have questions and would like to talk about the CL, send a U2U and I'll try to help you as much as I can.

Archived