Cross stitch pattern - Can anyone help?

Hi Ladies,

long before I was a quilter (about 20 years ago) I started this counted cross stitch piece. Little did I know that someday I would be addicted to quilting! Life got in the way and I never finished it. Problem is, I have lost the pattern! :( I think all I have left to do is the back stitch, and I would love to finish it, have it framed and hang it in my sewing room.

It looks like a Paula Vaughan pattern, though I don't remember for sure. I have searched through every magazine in my house, and have spent countless hours searching on the internet, and simply cannot find it. Does anyone have this pattern, or know where I can find it? I would be willing to pay of course... shipping and whatever! And if anyone happens to have this pattern, and doesn't want to give it up "forever", I would be more than happy to send it back to you when I am finished with it. Can you tell I'm desperate?! Such a beautiful piece, and a shame not to finish it! Please please help if you can!! :) I would be so grateful!

post--13461903287488_thumb.jpg

Hi Sharon, how are things in Sunny Saskatchewan? Hope you've been enjoying your machine.

I too do a lot of cross-stitch and while your project does look familiar, I just can't place it. It would be so perfect to hang in your studio. If I have a light-bulb moment I'll let you know.

If you are unable to find the pattern, I would just wing it and finish it up as best you can. No one will be the wiser. Maybe you can refer to another pattern with a blanket or quilt in the project, it might help to place the outlining which would reflect how the quilt hangs. It's such a sweet picture.

Have fun! Linda :)

Hi Linda...sunny Saskatchewan is cold & windy! soooo tired of the wind! and really looking forward to some warmer weather. Enough of this minus 30 stuff already!

I'm just about cross-eyed from searching for this cross stitch chart! a couple more hours on the internet has got me convinced it's a pattern by D. Morgan.... back in the 80's I used to buy alot of magazines called For the Love of Cross Stitch. I'm betting it was in one of those. Of course, that magazine is no longer published.... *sigh* So I may have to do as you suggest and just wing it.... I must have loaned the one with my pattern to someone (I never throw crafty magazines away!) oh well, live and learn! Thanks anyways!

Theo!! :D:D I think I love you!! :P:P:P;)

That for sure must be the magazine I am missing!!... I looked back through my stash and found quite a few other Leisure Arts magazines all from 1989! Can't believe I lost "that" one!

I found another one on Ebay, and purchased with Buy-it-now.... (I always lose in the last 30 seconds when I'm bidding against others!) ....and.... I got it for under $7.00 CDN including shipping! woohoo! I am so happy!

Thanks soooo much again! You're a gem! I can't believe how many hours (days!) I spent searching online for this, and you found it so quickly!

Did I say how much I love this forum??!! :):):)

You're welcome

I guess I was lucky with my searchnames and combination of words in Google. Trick when googling is also deliberately making mistakes in the wording and/or combinations of words, using "-" and &. I could teach this at MQS :)

Glad that you will be able to finish it.

Don't forget to post pictures when it is ready.

Archived