Height of quilt top bar?

uncquilter

Well, I looked in the manual several times and don't see anything about the height of the leveler bar. It just shows how to slide the bar into the ring and tighten the screw. Definitly nothing about whether or not the 2 bars must be level. Maybe I have an older manual. Thanks for your help.

Carol

The quilt sandwich should run perfectly level under the needle above the bed of the machine. It was designed that way--the leveler roller keeps the sandwich at that perfect "level" (get it?!;)) for great stitching. The leveler roller and the top take-up roller (the one the quilt top fastens to) should be exactly the same height. Position the leveler first--a knuckles-width above the bed of the machine, and then adjust the top take-up to match. The eye-bolts are the place to adjust. Make sure the eye-bolts at each end of the leveler roller are turned the same number of revolutions to match the height of the roller from end to end. The front roller will adjust separately and mine needed to be raised less than the leveler to make them even.

Best end result is both rollers level from side-to-side and matching each other in height above the bed of the machine.

Good luck--it will all work out.

Wow! Thanks Linda! The reason I am asking is because I raised the machine for the circle lord. Then I had to raise the leveler bar. It's height seems just right (hand goes under up to first knuckle). If I make my front roller level with the leveler bar it doesn't look like my Hartley base will fit under it. What to do?

Thanks for all the help.

Carol

If the base extender is hitting the front roller, raise that one until it clears.

Then check that you have the same clearance for both rollers and the bed of the machine.

When you raise the machine for the CL set-up, they should tell you to raise your rollers too--that way you aren't frustrated with doing several fixes.

Sounds like you are on your way.

It all looks scary--but what a feeling of accomplishment when you fix something yourself. Piece of cake--make mine chocolate.....!

Archived