Website question???

Hi,

I am setting up my website and would like to have a page for available panto pattern images. Where do you get the pictures? Do the designers allow you to use them for free if you have purchased their patterns? And what is the procedure for getting the image into a file and copying to the website.

I think I must be the only who doesn't know how to do this! Can you guys help me out?

Wanda

WandaGeneQuilts

http://wandagenequilts.blogspot.com

Where do you get the pictures?

I usually grab the icon shown on the designers web-page. It is small enough to show several on a page. I don't feel that this small icon will break any copyright laws. Hope not, anyway.

When I am on the designers page, I right-click the icon (photo of the panto) and selct "Save Picture As" and save it to wherever you want them on your computer. I usually created a directory labelled Pantos somewhere on my C: drive.

I hope this helps. Send me an email if you would like a copy of my intake form with the panto icons so you can see how I used the icons.

I also did mine like Linda and CJ. The only thing you need to do to avoid copyright infringements are to list the name of the pattern and list the pattern designer as well.

The designers realize us long arm quilters need to show the pics of the patterns in order to get the customers to choose them. It keeps the pattern designer in business as well as us longarmers.

The only time they would get upset would be if you try to resell their design as your own original design and in doing so taking credit for it and profiting from it.

Archived