A ? about Houston's quilt show

Hobby for sure is the smaller nd easier. Intercontinental is HUGE!!!! Contact your hotel to see if the have a shuttle to the hotel you are booked at. Depending on the hotel they may have a shuttle back adn forth to the convention center. What hotel are you at? Then check Quilts, INC website at quilts.com to see if they have a list of the shuttles to the hotells. They may have more info to get you back and forth to the hotel.

I haven't been to Houston for several years, but I did go a number of times. We rented a car twice, but found it was more hassle than it was worth - you can catch a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel back to the airport. The festival had free shuttles that ran from the various hotels to the convention center, and the hotels we stayed at had free shuttles that would take you to nearby attractions and pick you up afterwards. If you rent a car, you have to pay parking at the hotel. We found that even the years when we rented a car, we didn't use it - it was easier to use the hotel shuttle. There was a charge for the shuttle to and from the airport to the hotel, but I don't remember what it was. Kenna's advice is good - call your hotel. They will give you the best information.

I have flown into both. It only takes a little longer to get downtown from Bush then Hobby. Last year I used Super Shuttle to get in from Hobby. They had a discount code for the shuttle in the paper work then sent out. It worked out great. I have also taken a town car, if you have 3-4 people it can be cheaper then the shuttle.

Once downtown, I can walk to everything I want to see, so I have never rented a car. I always book at a hotel that is on the quilt bus route.

Archived