Flooding in Providence???

Our local news last night was reporting a high chance of flooding and evacuation in areas of Providence RI.

Seeing as I am on the other coast and do not personally know anyone in that area I am hoping someone on this forum who is a little closer to Providence can let us know what is going on. MQX is around the corner and I would hate anyone's quilt to be soggy.

Thanks in advance,

Lisa:)

Unfortunately RI was inundated with two storms in a row. My cousin lives 30 minutes away and she said all the roads are open, so I'm hoping it doesn't rain until the show is over. Or at least until I'm inside the Westin. I'm pretty sure I read that they have a 100 store mall attached to the Westin. Plenty to do if you get bored with the show.

Providence is fine. Cranston which is just south of Providence really got hit with major flooding. Also Warwick, got alot of flooding. I saw on the news a major mall there had so much flooding that they are pulling up the floors. Alot of lost inventory as well.

Dianne

I am so sorry to hear that the surrounding areas have been affected by the flooding but it is a relief that Providence has been spared. With news affecting the other coast I find our local channels sometimes not so accurate. That is why I started this post in the first place.

With Mother Nature their never seems to be much reasoning. We had our town flooded several years ago and I still remember all the hard work and terrible losses. My heart goes out to all the people that have been affected.:(:(

Lisa

Archived