George arrived at my house yesterday and I have a lot of questions!

AnnaH

Welcome, Laura! I agree with Madelyn that it's wonderful to have more George owners here on the forum. You will have many questions as you two become acquainted. I encourage you to utilize the wisdom & experience here on the Forum and as I said to Annabelle...if you need some more detailed answers, please feel free to email me directly. I am a new George dealer and answering some of your questions will help me to better understand the kinds of things my customers will be needing from me in the future.

And Dawn...you've done a George specific manual? YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!! I'm make sure to read/watch it with my first customer when her George is delivered in early August. Thanks from all of us!

Happy Quilting to the newbies! Nancy in Tucson

I know now that I've viewed the DVD and George Manual that the machine requires industrial needles. The ones I purchased from ST were for the DSM, so probably won't work out for George. Are there any alternatives to purchasing the horizontal thread feeder for the many lovely threads I have to use that are not wound for industrial machines?

I know now that I've viewed the DVD and George Manual that the machine requires industrial needles. The ones I purchased from ST were for the DSM, so probably won't work out for George. Are there any alternatives to purchasing the horizontal thread feeder for the many lovely threads I have to use that are not wound for industrial machines?

jrwsma, I have George and use his regular spool pin for all threads that I have used. I started with King Tut on 500 yds spools and ran that way. I haven't had any problem with the small spools of that or Aurifil. I use the same thread holder for the few cones that I have too.

The only thing that I have added to George are some ceramic lined fishing pole guides to help control the whipping of the thread running at major speed from the present guide to the next guide. With those I have nice movement of the thread and don't have it caught in funny spots much at all.

jrwsma, I have George and use his regular spool pin for all threads that I have used. I started with King Tut on 500 yds spools and ran that way. I haven't had any problem with the small spools of that or Aurifil. I use the same thread holder for the few cones that I have too.

The only thing that I have added to George are some ceramic lined fishing pole guides to help control the whipping of the thread running at major speed from the present guide to the next guide. With those I have nice movement of the thread and don't have it caught in funny spots much at all.

Hello, I just watched the maintenance DVD which came with my George. It showed that there is a red dot on the tension disk, so that someone would know the regular setting and if it is on the tighter side or the looser side. (On my Bernina there is a red slash at the #4 and higher numbers mean tighter and lower numbers mean looser, etc).

But my George doesn't have any red dot or any other marking. So now I'm confused about how am I going to know it it's too tight, loose or just right?

Does everyone else's George have this red dot?

Thanks. --Anna

Hello, I just watched the maintenance DVD which came with my George. It showed that there is a red dot on the tension disk, so that someone would know the regular setting and if it is on the tighter side or the looser side. (On my Bernina there is a red slash at the #4 and higher numbers mean tighter and lower numbers mean looser, etc).

But my George doesn't have any red dot or any other marking. So now I'm confused about how am I going to know it it's too tight, loose or just right?

Does everyone else's George have this red dot?

Thanks. --Anna

Hi Anna....... My George(ous) did NOT come with a red dot, but I took a sharpie and just put one on the dial so that when I need to loosen or tighten the tension I can see the 1/2 turn, whole turn in either direction! Really helpful, and it has lasted weeks; doesn't need to be redone all the time.

Good luck and enjoy your George! Lisel

Hi Anna....... My George(ous) did NOT come with a red dot, but I took a sharpie and just put one on the dial so that when I need to loosen or tighten the tension I can see the 1/2 turn, whole turn in either direction! Really helpful, and it has lasted weeks; doesn't need to be redone all the time.

Good luck and enjoy your George! Lisel

Archived