Quilt labels sewn into the quilt

Around here the label has to be on the bottom, right hand side facing the front of the quilt. Perhaps that is the case everywhere, I don't know. Anyway, many here are heat bonded on and then sewn by hand. It would leave an ugly mess to remove it but I know someone could still find a way.

Around here the label has to be on the bottom, right hand side facing the front of the quilt. Perhaps that is the case everywhere, I don't know. Anyway, many here are heat bonded on and then sewn by hand. It would leave an ugly mess to remove it but I know someone could still find a way.

I have lurked here for a while. At my guild a lady shared that at the Md state fair with a quilting show during the fair, a quilt was stolen. the person was found in a hidden area trying to unstitch the label. that quilt was retrieved.

I have lurked here for a while. At my guild a lady shared that at the Md state fair with a quilting show during the fair, a quilt was stolen. the person was found in a hidden area trying to unstitch the label. that quilt was retrieved.

For safety and identification purposes for those who enter quilts in shows--

Use a permanent pen to print your name under the binding. Choose the same spot for every quilt. This is of course in addition to a regular label. I have also heard of printing info under the hanging sleeve. Only you will know of this secret in case you must prove ownership.

Take photos, including close-ups, to document.

Theft from shows is not unheard of. My guild had a quilt taken from a display in a local bookstore during the spring ArtsWalk this year. Very unfortunate.

For safety and identification purposes for those who enter quilts in shows--

Use a permanent pen to print your name under the binding. Choose the same spot for every quilt. This is of course in addition to a regular label. I have also heard of printing info under the hanging sleeve. Only you will know of this secret in case you must prove ownership.

Take photos, including close-ups, to document.

Theft from shows is not unheard of. My guild had a quilt taken from a display in a local bookstore during the spring ArtsWalk this year. Very unfortunate.

Archived