Noisy Machine

Alice, I don't know if this is your problem or not, but shortly after getting my machine it started to sound like it was "growling' and it was coming from down near the hook area. No amount of oil would change the sound. I called APQS and they said I had an air pocket in the grease surrounding the gears. They sent the grease and instructions on how to repack it and my problem went away. If this is what you are experiencing, it was an easy fix.

Hope this helps.

Patty

Hi Alice;

The gearbox problem is more of a growl. I think the rear top cover is hitting the sides of the machine. Put your hand on the cover while running and see if the noise stops. This cover gets pushed down by someone laying their arm on top of the machine. To correct loosen the six screws and pull the cover up slightly. You can view from the back and make sure it is not hitting. Then tighten the screws (girl tight) and you are good to go. This is a problem that I have encountered many times.

Let us know if this fixes your problem.

John

John and Patty, I took the top Cover off and adjusted the cover. It did not help. I took the L side plate loose and cannot see anything in there. Connie from APQS was here about 3 months ago and packed the grease around the gears at that time the hook was replaced and the tension. A lot of stuff. It has been working fine. I have to take the machine off the table to check and pack the grease don't I. My husband says the sound is more of a sharp knocking sound. It is not constant but regular. Increases with the speed of the machine. My machine is a millennium about 3 years old. Any thing else you can think of? Thank you Alice

• 10 months later...

Archived