Mark Help!

Still having problems. My late 2002 Mille is still having SR problems. We've replaced the phenolic and rubber wheels where the encoders are. I've re-tightened the encoder wheels into the others repeatedly and can't get them any closer. It's still inconsistantly either "slowing down" at least that's what it sounds like and doing longer stitches or it's "surging" doing many very fast stitches even if the machine is still. The wheels are totally clean. It has no trouble in manual but I'm not good at SID without the SR(spoiled I guess) What's next? Thanks Jeri Clark

Mary, I haven't called Mark --figured I'd post the question first. He's the one who was helping me with it since the beginning of this problem so I think he's who I need to talk to. Just a day that I don't want to be on the phone anymore and I know Mondays are usually pretty busy for tech support. Have turned the SR off unless I really need it --want to get this quilt done by tomorrow. :D

back to quilting and trying to talk nicely to my machine. jeri

• 2 months later...

I am having the same trouble with my Millie in S/R mode. I've called service several times and tried various troubleshooting things, but no solution to this problem.

It is Speeding up - (like stepping on the gas peddle in netural)

or

Dying/Stalling - slows down and stops on it's own.

Need HELP here!

What is suggested fix?

Julie, we finally replaced the motor brushes. Twas a simple fix--about 10 minutes max and $12.00 plus shipping. Call Mark and he will send you pictures via e-mail on how to check to see if this is your problem. It has saved me hours and hours of frustration and frogging. Now if I can just get my DH to let me move my machine--left him but he's holding my quilting machine and supplies hostage. jeri

Archived