Sizzix fabric cutter

Does anyone know how this machine compares to the Accuquilt Studio? My understanding is you can use Studio and Go dies as well. I'm not sure how well made it is though. That would be a great machine to be able to use different companies dies. And, I wouldn't have to make a choice between the Go and the Studio model. I can't seem to decide!

The Sizzix Big Shot Pro machine is only 13" wide whereas the AccuQuilt Studio model machine accommodates dies up to 16" in width. I have the Accucut GrandeMark machine which by the way, is exactly the same as the AccuQuilt Studio model.....just different name label on them. Keep an eye on the websites... www.accucut.com and..... www.accuquilt.com they have sales up to 40% off. I really like my machine, I cut out a lap sized rag quilt this afternoon and sewed it up in all under 4 hours...right from picking the fabrics out of my stash to a final product.

My understanding is that it will not be able to use all of the Studio dies as it is not as wide as the Studio. However, it is suppossed to be able to use most of their dies. Apparently the tray is deeper than that of the Studio. You have to use some sort of extra pad to raise the tray to the correct height. Angie, thanks for the link above. I'm still not sure which one to buy. The Sizzix is not as large as the Studio and yet bigger than the Go. Seems like a good compromise. I wish I could make up my mind...Ugh..

Hi Heidi,

I have some Sizzix "Bigz Dies" that I use with my Sizzix Big Shot machine, which with the help of a few shims should work on my GrandeMark/Studio model for applique shapes. I haven't tried them yet though. Honestly, watch the sales at www.accucut.com and www.accuquilt.com as the sale prices are comparable to other companies dies and these are specifically made for the machines. The Accucut/quilt company has an extensive die library...check out www.accucraft.com too...really great selection amongst those three departments. I know these dies cost a bit more regularily, but quite truthfully, you save money in the long run as you are buying dies that are universal....you can cut fabric, paper, thin metal, foam, etc with them as opposed to buying dies that just cut one or two things with (like I have done in the past). I buy the dies when they are on sale and most times free shipping too.

In hindsight, I wish I would have bought the AccuCut/quilt system when I started scrapbooking and quilting years ago, I looked at it but didn't want to spend so much money on it. I now have a large selection of scrapbooking dies (from many companies...Sizzix, Cuttlebug, Spellbinders, etc) which are good only for mostly paper (and not fabric) and a I have few different smaller machines like the Big Shot, SideKick, etc...did I save money in the long run....no. From now on I'll only be buying dies from AccuQuit, AccuCut and AccuCraft as they have everything....and the dies are universal, for scrapbooking, quilting or what-have-you. Also, the GrandeMark/Studio model machine is so sturdy and stable, I have not had any problems cutting anything yet. The Big Shot Pro is not that much cheaper than the AccuQuilt Studio when the Studio is on sale.

On a side note.....the Studio dies will not fit the Sizzix Big Shot machine as I have tried them on it (not sure about the Big Shot Pro though).

Suggest you ask www.stitchintheditch.com they are experts on the Accuquilt system and they also know about the Sizzix Big Shot Pro.

This store is really helpful and have awesome specials, their newsletter are worth getting - full of ideas and tips and videos - just sign up and they will arrive at your in box. Make sure you add their website to your browser so they do not go to Junk! kike mine did at first!

If you want something that is not on the website send them a mail and they go out of their way to find it.

Canadians shop here first! :D

Archived