proper thread path?

I accidently pulled my thread from my machine and am not sure how to rethread it. I have had my Millenium for about 4 months. I watched the video that came with the machine that shows Dawn threading machine but I could not see some of the machine as she was talking. Also, what position does the loop above the thread cone go? Is there any other video that shows proper threading. I rethreaded machine but it is not making as good a stitch as before. Thread seems to really "jump" between takeup lever and tension gauge. Please, can someone help me tonight? I will e-mail/call APQS in a.m. but I really need to get this quilt finished. I do wish APQS would put out a manual obut things like this. Thanks Becky

I have an older Millenium, but this is how I do it. From the Cone Holder on the back come straight up thru the wire thingy above the thread cone, then there will be a thread holder with three holes about half way down the machine, I only go thru one of them, then the next thread holder also has 3 holes, I go down thru the first hole, up thru the second and down thru the third, you then go down between the tension disks and bring the thread straight up hooking into the spring part of the tension disk, then you go under the bar and the piece that goes up and down with the needle it is above the bar next to the tension disk, you go thru it, then down thru the pigtail on the side, thru the pigtail above the needle and then thru the needle. I did not look up the proper name for things, but I hope this helps. If you need pictures, I took some so I could look at them while I typed, just send me a U2U or e-mail and I will get them back to you. That is my way.

If it looks like how you had it, check to make sure your thread was between the tension disks.

Shirley

Archived