Mono filament thread issue

Judi F.

What works best for me is to not thread the mono thread through all the eyes on the guides. I have the smaller size spool and I have one of the horizontal thread holders mounted on my Lenni. I run the thread through one hole on the guide closest to the tension disk, then through the tension disk and through the rest of the little pigtails and the needle. I have also found that it works best if you only fill the bobbin half full and I use one of my bobbin cases that is set for a looser tension. I use a 4.0 needle and don't have any problems with it. Good luck! :)

Hi Judi-

Tension using monofilament is a little tricky, but easy to troubleshoot.

I use BottomLine in the bobbin (to match or blend with the backer), and Monolon invisible. I set the bobbin thread loose, and to test the top tension, pull the thread evenly through the needle. Let go of the thread and see if there are kinks or curls in the thread that passed through the needle. If there is--loosen the top tension a bit and test again. Continue until the thread doesn't kink.

I use invisible now and again--it does have a place in the thread line-up. Especially if you have a business.

I do a tremendous amount of SID and I use mono filament a lot. I do similar to Marilyn, but I use any bobbin thread and loosen the tension knob to about even with the threaded center post end at 10 SPI , stitch regulator on and slow down, it works great and I hardly ever break thread and the bottom thread is right where it should be.

Good Luck, ---Dave B.

Archived