My NewToy

Spi-Cap

I purchased the circle lord and I am enjoying it so much. Did a big quilt with the heart template. Customer was very pleased that the hearts in the blocks were all the same size and fit evenly. Did up a sample with the double spiral and some circles. It is so nice to do circles that come right back to were you started. Been playing around with the other templates seeing what kind of designs I can get. Took my sample to LQS and now have 3 quilts to do with the spiral. Sure wished I had gotten the Circle Lord sooner. I am off to play with my new toy.:cool:

Guest Linda S

Isn't it just the best tool? I just did a quilt with some large wide open spaces, and it was so nice to be able to put some perfect shapes right in the middle of them! The customer wanted a traditional look, so I put in some stars, hearts, a few ginko leaves. It came out so nice.

Linda

I bought a CL at MQX and have it installed and ready to go, but I have yet to use it. I really don't know where to start. Did you all get a video with it? I watched the clips on the web Michael has but didn't get much how to use it out of it. Even took his class at MQX, but that was so long ago. I think I'm nervous about measuring and hitting the mark on a quilt. Ok, I know, PPP. Just haven't had time. Just two quilts on the back log, maybe then. Any suggestions on how to get started appreciated. Thanks

Guest Linda S

Joanne - did you get the clear center-finder plastic with your CL? Just put it on your quilt on whatever block you want to make a design on, sink your needle, remove the plastic (there's a slot to let it slide off the quilt), then go around to the back, pick your design, get your design centered, and away you go! It is soooo easy -- that's why there really isn't much to the instruction on the CD -- it really is easy to use, you just have to lock it down, line it up and GO!

Linda

Isn't the CL just the greatest thing in the world? I was a little worried about spending that large amount of money on something I wasn't sure that I would use that much, but I am so glad I did!! I didn't go to Overland Park this year to the big show because I traded that trip for the CL. I am so glad I did. I can't rave enough about it!! As far as understanding how to use it--just go for it. The more I use mine the more I understand. Wasn't exactly sure about everything on it when I got it either. Right now I'm working on an Asian themed quilt, lots of crane fabric. The gingko template has been perfect for it and then I've been using lots of baptist fans, but they are not attached to each other. I've just turned them different ways and they are individual fans. I usually think of fans when I think of oriental things. Hope the owner likes it.

Goodluck!!

Kelly

Mille owner

Linda and Kelly,

Thanks for the encouragement. Going to JoAnn's on lunch and buying a big ole' piece of fabric and I'm going to play.....OK after I finish the panto tonight and finish an easy custom. But then I'm going to practice guilt free!!!. Do you ever feel like that; you can't even take time to play or work on your own quilts because there are customers quilts hanging to be done? Like most of you all, working a fulltime job is getting in the way of my fun job.

Cheers

Archived