thread cutter not cutting

the thread cutter on my millie is not cutting the thread. it goes through the motions but does not actually cut. the cutter go up to the little square thing but not under/in to it. should it? is there an adjustment i can make so it will cut the thread and i can stop crawling under the machine.

thanks for your assistance.

shirley

Shirley:

Does the moving blade hit the end of the two little cutting blades or does it go above the top of the top blade? You adjust the little brass screws to adjust the clearance between the two cutting blades. The screws have wave washers on them to allow you to make the adjustments. There is no need to remove th plastic cover.

To adjust your thread cutter loosen the screws the same # of turns you can then put pressure on the blade behind the screws you then tighten the screws the same # of turns until the movable blade enters between the two cutting blades. If this is not clear give me a call and I will walk you through the adjustment. Usually when they are properly adjusted they will stay in adjustment. I can be reached at our studio at 816-350-2002.

John

Archived