Way to save APQS tips into favorites?

Bonnie,

At the top of the topic (once you've opened it) there are three ways to do this written out that's right underneath the APQS Quilting Forums links:

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites

You can click on "Add to Favorites" and it will put it in your favorites - the title of the topic is what will show.

Hope this helps.

I also copy and paste them into a word document with the file name of APQS tips. They are great articles and usually on the subject of what I was wondering about...how does that happen?

When I give new quilters classes I refer back to these tips and sometimes even give them a copy. There is so much good information in these tips. Many thanks to those who write them.

Good subject Bonnie !

I also do what Monika suggests with a few additions.

Firstly I also paste the best information from the forum ( you know the stuff you put in Favourites and then can't find) and from other web sites like wikipedia into this document.

Secondly I file the information alphabetically and I have an index you can click on to find the subject you need.

Thirdly I have made a few sample tables so that I can organise any photos to be lined up with text. Incidentally and I use the same template for saving my panto designs.

If you are interested I will send you a copy of the template to anyone who wants it (I will only leave enough of what I have saved in it so you can see how it works – my current document runs to over 60 pages). I will need you email address. One warning the template spells in Oz English.

Bonnie,

If you are talking about the daily emails you receive from APQS, many email programs allow you to save or "archive" the email into folders. For example, if you use Outlook, you can "right click" on your "Inbox" folder. That brings up a menu that lets you create a "New" Folder and name it. You could name it "APQS Emails & Tips" or whatever you wish.

Then, "right click" on the email in your Inbox to open a second menu. In that menu you'll see a choice called "move to folder"...just select the folder to move the email to, and it will be there for eternity. Then when you want to find a specific topic, click on that APQS Emails folder. Use the "look for" box at the top of your list of emails to type a phrase or word...(the "APQS Emails" folder should be showing in the "search in" box)...and click "find now". Outlook will find every occurrence of that word or phrase in the entire folder.

Other services such as Gmail offer similar ways to quickly store and sort actual emails.

Hope this helps!

Archived