Favorite quilt shops in E Tennessee

My DH is taking a class in Gatlinburg, TN, and I'm tagging along. What are your favorite quilt shop in the Knoxville area? We'll also be spending a couple of days in the Asheville area, so any shops in that area that you love?

Thanks for any suggestions for a day or two of my own personal shop hop.

Julie

OH OH OH *waves hand wildly in the air* i know this one!!!! i'm from east tenn :P

you H.A.V.E. to stop by Tennessee Quilts in Jonesborough, TN (my hometown)

here's a link for TN quilts:

http://www.tennesseequilts.com/

also google "East Tenn Shop Hop"....it should list the eastern shops...there's a couple in Johnson City

you'll love Asheville and Gatlinburg this time of year...are you going to ashvile on I26? Ashville has Biltmore House, the largest private owned residence in the US..they had their own RR into it....it's expensive to tour the house, tho IMHO

have fun!

Loose Threads (Harriman), Gina's Bernina Sewing Center (Knoxville), Lavender Lime (Chattanooga), The Cherry Pit (Sevierville), Holloway's Country Home (Cosby), Katlovers Purfect Quilting & Fabric (Knoxville), Mountain Stitches by Susan (Gatlinburg), Little Blessings Quilt Shop (Crossville), Machine Quiltin' by Iva (Sevierville), Mammaw's Thimble (Knoxville), Pappy's Quilting Place (Maryville), Tennessee Quilts (Jonesborough), Sewing Bee (Jonesborough), and Somewhere Sewing (Johnson City).

This is a list of quilt shops -

If you have time visit Dollywood - it is a great place to spend the day -

WOW -- thanks for all the shops. This should keep me busy and outta trouble while exploring on my own!

Pamela, I'll send your sister an e-mail about Knoxville events.

Shannon, I'm LOL watching you hop up and down with your hands waving wildly. Had to look up Jonesborough - - very interesting town, obviously producing very talented quilters!

The Biltmore is on the list of places to go, along with Dollywood. My DH will be exploring with me then - - don't know our route, altho we usually try to explore the "blue highways" vs. interstates.

I can see I'll find plenty of shopping - - may even make a list to curb my compulsions!

Archived