How much does George cabinet weigh

quiltsalot1962

We brought my George home in the 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan that we had. We put the seats down in the back and it fit right in there nicely. All the sides fold down so it is only about 20 inches by 40 or so. The George head fit on the floor between the back of the front passenger seat and the middle seat. I moved the seat position so the seat helped hold him stable. The head is only 37 pounds and is quite easily carried in and even up stairs (depending on your physical conditions). We brought the cabinet up the ramped steps into the main floor, then needed to get it up steep steps to the loft. If you have an open rail stairway, I suggest that you strap or tape all the folding leaves down so they don't move and flop. Then flip the table over so the top is on the bottom, put a good piece of cardboard or blanket under the cabinet top, then use the bannister rail to support the table while you slide it up the stair rail. It worked great.

You should have seen the delivery men that tried to bring up a queen adjustable bed box spring up those stairs. They couldn't get it to work like they normally move them. I kept telling them to flip it and use the rail. When they finally did, it went up just as slick as you could ask. I have two other sewing cabinets that came up the same way!

Have fun with George.

Archived