First paying quilt arrived yesterday

Well, I'm on my way - My first customer (aka a very dear friend) called yesterday and wanted to bring over her first of many tops for me to quilt. I tried to be professional about it but all I wanted to do way hug her :D!!! I'm going to get it loaded today and get started. Its a quilt that she is going to be donating to a local service club to raise funds to help a family with very high medical bills. Hope that it will raise BIG BUCKS for them. When I'm done, I'll post a picture for you all to see. With a little fear and a bit of trembling,,,,, away I go

Hay Pat:

I just did my first, It was great, turned out wonderful, had just enough diffaculties to make it a learning experiance. I did extra work for her (without telling her) & she paided me extra (not telling me). I have to say that takeing money, for doing something, for someone else, was a bit strange, (I'll get over it) something else I have to ppp.

If you need help posting pic's, read a "newbie's first....." on the "today's posts" list, I think may help. ;)

Patty jo, good luck and I feel your nerves and excitement from here!

Gerry, did you post a pic?...Like someone mentioned when posting a picture please tell us the thread (color) and pattern.

You know how inspiring it is to see quilts with quilted patterns explained? Well, someone posted a pic of a Double Wedd. Ring they were about to quilt...Made me look at my Grandmoms, and I ordered templates and bought fabric today to make one! Basically I want to make it for the challenge of quilting it! Elaine

Archived