Tension is fixed--look at quilt

This is my 3rd attempt at a quilt...the 1st 2 I frogged! This was stitch in the ditch and I did pretty well...got a fairly decent stitch length going and for the most part kept the lines in the grove...had machine set to very slow speed! The best part is I got the tension right! Oh, & I had fun:)

Modernmintblocks001.jpg Thanks for looking!Elaine

ps. my 13 yr DD cut these pieces and placed them..I wanted to do a panto but she wanted this "tied":( Our compromise and she likes it!!!

I just love the colour play on that lovely quilt, Onesewise: :)

Can you tell me the name of that block, it looks like a great one to use up some of my scraps.

Leave it to a 13 year old, to say "I want it tied", when her Mom owns a LA quilting machine that costs more than a new car. ;) go figure.

Keep up the compromise'ing :cool: it might save her teenage years, & your sanity.

Gerry, it's in the Fons and Porter Quilters Complete Guide..."off center Log Cabin Block (type 1)...but instead of 6 stripes we made 3 and used 8 colors because that's what she wanted! We saw a similar pattern " Bento Box" made in sunburst colors and DD loved it, so we made a similar one the next day! ( Actually took 2 days to make)!Elaine

Onewise, your quilt is real cute. My teenage daughter would love it too.

Just a little story for you: when I started with LA about a year ago, my DD's opinion was that quilting design was as unnecessary as anything... SID would do, and basta!

Now she appreciates it, and lately she asked if it would be possible to do some additional quilting on the quilt she's been using for the last few years, or if I wouldn't rather make a new quilt for her, bright colors, fancy quilting and all... :D :D :D

Thank you for sharing, and good luck with your quilting,

Marie-Christine

Archived