Thread Cutter Not Working

My thread cutter suddenly stopped working and it does not respond at all to the command buttons. I've checked everything I learned in the maintenance class. All seems to be well and the needle is in the up position. Just that nothing happens when you press the command button. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Debbi

This problem is fixed. I talked with Mark yesterday and he diagnosed the problem pretty quickly.

In case anyone runs into the same problem, this turned out to be a burned out light on the left bank. I learned more about the banks of lights last night from Mark that was pretty useful information.

The left bank of lights control various functions on the machine. The right bank is information/trouble shooting and do not control anything. When a light on the left bank is burned out, the circuit cannot be completed and therefore the function you are trying to do will not work.

Anyway, trying to use the thread cutter command buttons did not light up anything on the left bank. All of my right bank lights were working. Therefore we swapped the left bank with the right bank to verify that the problem was a burned out light. Sure enough, the thread cutter was working again and the problem was fixed temporarily. It's now just a matter of getting a replacement for the display with the bad light. Mark said these are pretty standard parts that are available at Radio Shack. I'll get a new one tonight and all will be well again.

Thanks Mark for the help and for the detailed explanation of the problem!!

Debbi

Archived