Need advice on starting a business

Denver and Colorado Springs both have longarm groups. Please e-mail me off list if you would like more information. Linda Taylor and Carol Thelan both have books about running a longarm business that are full of great information. Don't forget that if you are in a city, you need to check with your local authority about running a business. Dept. of Revenue will license your trade name. Hope this helps.

Janet Mohler

Colorado Springs

Being that I just went through the business aspect of this in Colorado, I can tell you that you need to start with filing your business/trade name with the Secretary of State, get your business license with the Department of Revenue and if necessary (if you are going to sell more than your labor of quilting) sales tax license with your local government. It sounds far more difficult than it actually is, I asure you. I just did all this for myself in April and for my husbands new business in August.

Also, Myrna has a wealth of information and is a great lady as well. Contact her. I asure you the phone call will be a memorable one.

Best of Luck, you are on the verge of embarking upon a great adventure, don't look back.

Manda

Archived