Shows and other stuff

Hello Everyone,

I'm kinda new here. I mostly read the posts and don't say much, but I've been seeing you all talk about the shows and I was wondering? How do you find out where and when they will be.

I would really like to go to one, since I've never been. I bet it''s very exciting and I can imagine gettintg to see all of the work that everyone has put in to their designs and all.

If you all have a quilt entered into a show, good luck and great job. I'm very proud of each and everyone of you.

I'll just be happy to make my first one. I haven't finished piecing mine together since I just got my milli "Becky" all I've been doing is practicing. I wish I could get the feathers down pat. Oh well, mabe some day.

Thanks for listening and please excuse my spelling and gramer, I'm not the best at it.

a new friend (I hope)

Donna Hays

Fisherville, Kentucky :)

Hello Norece,

I think I'm about an hour to an hour and a half from Bowling Green. I'm just on the out skirts of Louisville. I'm still in Jefferson County. I'ts not quite to Simpsonville. If you happen to know anythink about Louisville.

You know it's one of the towns where you blink and you miss it. LOL

Thank you for replying.

Donna

Donna there are lots of Quilting shows around, but the ones that are the biggest that I know of are

Machine Quilting Expo.... www.MQXshow.com In early April 2007 its the week after Easter Sunday Manchester, NH

International Machine Quilting Association.... www.IMQA.org will be in early June around the 9th or so of 2007

and right now the girls are at Innovations which is held in Tacoma, Washington about this time, but I think (don't hold me to this) that its every other year for this one....I could be totally wrong..

There is the huge show in Houston each year at the end of October and Early November ...and Chicago has one in the spring and again in the fall...I don't have times of dates for the Chicago one.

Look in your quilting magazines and you will find listing for each quilt show locally and far away...there is a section in most that will give you a heads up on when and where...some even take out huge ads so people can get their quilts ready or they start to launch a quilt challenge...

Hoffman has just released their 2007 fabrics and rules and reg's for the Hoffman Challenge, this might be a place to start.

Moda also has a yearly challenge, and so does the Electric Quilt software company.

Places to check out and to see if your interested in playing. Happy quilting and welcome to our little piece of heaven.

Here are some quilt show / exposition dates that I found on the Internet:

Sep 20 - Sep 23 2006 Innovations: A Machine Quilting Conference - Tacoma, Washington

Greater Tacoma Convention Center

Sep 21 - Sep 23 2006 Ozark Piecemaker's Quilt Show - Springfield, Missouri

Springfield Expo Center, 635 East St. Louis Street

Sep 22 - Sep 23 2006 Upper Cumberland Quilt Festival - Algood, TN

Family Life Building, 125 Fourth Ave.

Sep 29 - Oct 01 2006 American Sewing Expo - Novi, Michigan

The Rock Financial Showplace

Oct 06 - Oct 07 2006 Twin Rivers Quilt Show - New Bern, North Carolina

Knights of Columbus, 1125 Pine Tree Drive

Oct 12 - Oct 15 2006 Pacific International Quilt Show - Santa Clara, California

Santa Clara Conventional Center

Oct 19 - Oct 22 2006 Creative Sewing & Needlework Festival - Toronto, Canada

Metro Toronto Convention Center, 222Bremner Blvd

South Building - Halls D & E

Nov 02 - Nov 05 2006 International Quilt Festival (Fall) - Houston, Texas

George R. Brown Convention Center

Nov 09 - Nov 12 2006 Greater Chicago Quilt Exposition - Shaumburg, Illinois

Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel & Convention Center

Apr 11 - Apr 14 2007 Machine Quilters Exposition - Manchester, NH

The Center of the New Hampshire/Radisson Hotel

Apr 13 - Apr 15 2007 International Spring Quilt Festival - Rosemont, IL

Donald E. Stephens Convention Center

Apr 19 - Apr 21 2007 Home Machine Quilting Show - Salt Lake City, Utah

South Towne Exposition Center

Apr 25 - Apr 28 2007 American Quilter's Society (AQS) Quilt Show & Contest - Paducah, KY

Paducah Expo Center

Jun 06 - Jun 09 2007 11th Annual Machine Quitlers Showcase - Overland Park, KS

Overland Park Convention Center

Jun 07 - Jun 09 2007 38th Annual National Quilting Association (NQA) Quilt Show - Columbus, OH Greater Columbus Convention Center

Aug 22 - Aug 25 2007 American Quilter's Society (AQS) Expo & Contest - Nashville, TN

Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center

Bonnie & Shana,

Thank you both so very much for the information, I greatly appreciate it very much.

I am new to quilting and I'm learning as I go. I just purchased me "Becky" from APQS and doing a lot of practicing, but I'm having a lot or fun.

Have a wonderful day and I sure hope the sun is shining on you! :) :) I's raining here :( LOL

Thanks again,

Donna

Donna, The show in Paducah in April is wonderful. I am planning to spend a few days there this coming April, taking some classes and such.

After reading all the posts about the gals meeting up in Tacoma for Innovations I think a bunch of us should try to meet in Paducah for lunch or something. When it gets to be a little closer to the time, let's make plans.

Chickenscratch,

That sounds good to me. Do you know when they will post the dates? I don't live very far, but I might want to get a room there and stay for a few days.

Also do you know how long (days) the show goes for?

I can't wait to meet some people that also do quilting.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for replying.:)

Donna

Donna,

The AQS show in Paducah is April 25-28, 2007. If you want to book a room you'd better do it now. There is shuttle bus service from most of the major hotels to the convention center, so you can pretty much stay anywhere.

The information is probably already on their website

www.americanquilter.com

Hope this helps, Teresa

I live in Northeast Pennsylvania but two weeks ago September 8th we went to the quilt extravaganza in Harrisburg. It was a two hour drive but well worth it. It opened at 10 and closed at 7. We walked the whole show. Saw everthing you can imagine. Got lots of inspiration. Talked to lots of other quilters and came home sore, tired but glad we went. There were listings of lots of other shows but none close enough for us. We will be on the lookout for more. We do plan to go to Lancaster, as there are lots of quilters in that area, Famous for Amish quilts.

Archived