Thanks to all "Grandmother's...

Thanks to all of you that responded about my dilemma concerning my customer's "Grandmother Flower Garden" quilt top. a couple of weeks ago. It was a 1930 genuine feedsack quilt top that her grand-daughter wanted quilted with just an overall design. It was begging to be quilted to the time period. I went to the library and found books on it and showed her, I showed her Georgene's pictures and the quilt picture with the panto on it. She chose the panto both times.

My heart broke with every stitch I made but did as you all said and did what the customer wanted. It quilted up just fine, the back is beautiful but I do not like the front. The customer picked it up and was thrilled and can't wait to show it off to her family and friend quilters. I have feelings of smiling and cringing. So thanks for your support, just a hard lesson to learn.

Oh yes, I called a friend who organizes garage and estate sales and asked her to keep an eye out for a Grandmother's Flower Garden' quilt top and then I will quilt it to my heart's delight and honor the 30's.

Archived