More photos

These are the latest quilts ready for delivery to Christchurch tomorrow. I wonder if you can recognize any of your blocks. I am very pleased with what my quilting friends have made. So far 49 quilts have been distributed so along with these and some more the total at this stage is 69. There are still around 20 waiting to be quilted, and most of the quilt blocks have now been sorted into quilts ready to be sewn together. Overall the total will be more than 100 quilts

Over the weekend of May 20-22 we are having a "Quilt-A-Thon" when we are hopeful of getting all the quilts finished and on their way to Christchurch. After three months we are all keen to see this project thru and the quilts delivered as soon as possible as the weather has now turned cold. The plan is to work from 4pm-11pm on Friday, 9am-11pm Saturday and 9am - 4pm on Sunday. I think it will be a very busy but fun filled weekend!

I thought you might like to know about the 86 year old lady who is too scared to sleep in her bed and has made a nest for herself under the dining room table. She was delighted to get a quilt and wanted to pay for it, Coral had a hard time convincing her that it came with love from quilters around the world. Another 5 quilts have been given to a family who have lost everything and are having to live in a very small camper van in quite cramped conditions. The children were thrilled to each get a quilt that was their own. Most of the other quilts have gone direct to various churches who are delivering to the people most in need.

Yvonne

Archived