Help my Turbo Winder has stopped

My turbo winder just stopped in the middle of winding a second bobbin, so I am sure it is not a overheating problem. Have unplugged it, switched back on, taken off the bobbin - no thread wrapped on the post. etc.

Is there a fuse?

Any other ideas. Dr Crump (DH) has just taken it into his surgery!!!!! I hope he can operate, I will be lost without it. And I have numerous quilts to do.

He has just shown me that If I push in the centre post of the bobbin winder the "outer shield" automatically engages onto the bobbin case....I didn't know that.

Lyn

Lyn, there is a fuse - same place as on the quilting heads: right next to the power plug. AND it has a spare fuse, too! Keep us posted as to what fixes it - I have a friend in Hawaii who had a bobbin winder failure.

Barb,

Definitely not power cords. It is not the fuse, nor is it the brushes in the motor. My husband feels it is a motor failure. I will most likely take it to a motor re-winder tomorrow.

My featherweights don't do a good job on winding APQS bobbins and they will not fit on my Janome.

Lyn

Archived