Parts - Australia

Have booked in for the Maintenance class scheduled in mid June. Other than having a problem working out transport from Clive to Carroll so far planning my travel is working out. Any local advice on this would be welcome. If there are any Australian APQS owners who would like parts for their machines bought back let me know. Plan on being back in Australia 10th July and would post them after that.

Hi Viv,

I would like 100 aluminium bobbins and a set of the new brakes (with the blue handles) if your luggage allows. Please let me know how you want me to pay you. Receipt would be welcome as I can write it off as a business expense. - Just a thought - I could organise payment with Dawn or Amy if you can bring it back it would safe on the international postage.

There isn't much around the factory, but if it is the two day course, you will be half brain dead with all you will learn that you will not want to do a lot after you finish for the day anyway. It is a really worthwhile course however and money well spent.

Cheers,

Susanne, just saw your post where you mention the new brakes - what makes them better than the old ones? Just curious...my brakes are ok, but I hate the grinding noise they make when you tighten them- reminds me of finger nails on a blackboard! If the new ones don't do this, I would be interested.

Hi Shelley,

Living in the clouds as we do up here, my "old" brakes are showing real signs of wear and tear and are starting to rust and I am getting metal "shavings" and for a better word, "black gunck". I am afraid that if I don't change them, it wont only be my fingers getting black marks on them. Touch wood, so far I have not had any quilts affected. The new ones just look better and seem to have a better finish and are supposed to have better grip. I think our doodlebug has them on her machine and did post a photo of them.

Hi Judy,

The blacklights are also very interesting but I haven't had any use for them as yet. These bulbs you should be able to get over here. They are used with marking pencils to use on dark fabrics and that "glow" under the blacklight. They are easier on the eyes when sewing/quiltign on black or very dark fabric.

Cheers,

Susanne

Yes, now I remember Shannon did have them on her pieceful kwilter blog. Isn't she such a treasure? I really look forward to her postings.

Thanks for the rundown on the black lights. I saw some time ago that they were now available for my machine.

These items may have to go on my birthday list.

Judy

Hi Susanne,

I can post them with an invoice and receipt on payment or you can organise with Amy or Dawn and I will bring back and post from Australia. which ever suits.

I don't plan on luggage being a problem. If I pick up too much fabric :) that can always be posted.

I will probably be brain dead after each day. It wasn't the 'gettong around' after the classes more a case of getting to the classes. I don't particularly want to hire a car as the driving is opposite to here and I can't find much about transport to and from Carroll.

• 1 month later...

Hi Suzanne,

If you let me know your mailing address I will send the parts to you.

It was well worth the effort of going to Carroll, I learnt heaps and the plan is to give my machine an overhaul once I have caught up with everything.

It may be helpful to know that there now is a cab / taxi service in Carroll that does trips outside the town. Due to a communication mixup I used the service to return to Des Moines it was US$1.00 a mile or $92.00. Definitely worthwhile for those of us who drive on another side of the road. :D Contact details are: Anytime Cabs [712] 210-5686

Archived