Wasp's

This is for all of you that live in the country. On thursday I was servicing a Millennium and saw something quite weird.

It was a little dab of mud in her jacks for the laser connection that linked it from the back to the front of the machine. Since I live in the country as well, I knew quite well that it was the larva of the Mud Dobber Wasp. Her machine is in her garage just like mine is and if your in the country and in your garage you will at some time have the garage open. I mean who won't, there's a get view with the garage door open. That's when the wasp's get to your machine. Her's is a 2005 Milli and the laser works with a plug-in transformer on the back of the machine. This is the laser that has the extra cable that goes from the laser, when at the front of the machine, to a jack that is in the middle of the machine on the left side. Inside it connects to another jack to the rear of the machine on the opposite side and goes to the transformer. If this happens to you, unplug your machine and dig it out with a pin or needle. Be careful not to damage the inside of the jack. Use a compressor or canned air to clean out the rest. If the larva hasn't come out with the extraction with the needle or pin, then most likely it will come out using the compressor or canned air. In my situation both came out with the canned air. After the jacks are cleaned out you can roll up a piece of batting and work it into the jack so other wasp's won't be temped. Leave a small amount of batting on the outside so it can be retracted when the laser is to be used. zeke...............:o

oy yoy yoy yoy! That would not be good! I am in a converted garage, but the door does not go up.........ever! I have a lot of left over batting stapled to the wall above the door and use it as my design wall. It's about 9' by 8'! Love it! No waspys for me. I rarely get a fly in here.

Good for you for realizing what it was be fore it was too late! They are nasty stingers!! :o :o

Archived