stitching issue

What is happening.....my stitches look good top and back.....But sometimes the thread on the back of quilt looks like it is just laying on the fabric... then it starts looking like stitches again.......This time I was using Rainbows in the top and A&E in bobbin...3.5 needle. Other times it is so fine top and bobbin..3.5 needle.

Thank you Starla

Starla, one of the top-o'-notch quilters will be checking in, and give you some ideas of what is going on. As for me, I'm hopeless at that unless I sit right there for hands-on training, from some one who knows a LOT more than I do.

Good Luck,

Starla no doubt you are having some needle flex causing your problems. Sounds like your balance isn't just right yet. I would loosen my bobbin a little and then adjust the upper thread. You also might try a 4.0 and see if that solves your problem. There are so many factors that can change your tension. I tend to keep my quilts pretty tight on the frame but I also keep my thread tension loose so that I don't have those tension issues. I find that having my bobbin on the looser side is better for me.

Archived