Healthy lifestyle 7/18-7/24

Originally posted by alnaquilts

This is a tough week for me, the 2nd round of steroids is making me HUNGRY and I can't seem stay away from the food! Also am retaining fluid, and just plain feel discouraged. Aaargh! Well, at least the itching is gone and the rash is healing--am thankful for that!! It can only get better from now on, right??

Nancy I know exactly how you feel! The last two days have been really rough! I have gone out and weeded for an hour every day and with the heat near 100 the sweat was just dripping. I'll be glad when this round of steroids is over. I hate the way they make me feel. Much better yesterday. They reduced the dosage to 20 mg. 30 almost pushed me to the edge. I felt so aggitated. I warned the boys at work not to push me. LOL they think I'm aggressive on a good day! I told them they hadn't seen anything! LOL My son told me I was "roiding." I don't like it at all but like you said at least the itching has stopped!

Heidi, I hear you on the steroids! I was on 50 mg x 3 days, 40 mg x 3, and starting 30 mg for 3 days tomorrow, then 20 x 3, 10 x 3, and DONE! I did go for walk today for 1/2 hour, I was sweating in the 85 degree heat, but at least I got started moving again! Now to get the food (and "edgy feeling") under control! Glad to hear you're feeling better too! Sure don't want to repeat this experience!!

Nancy,

Wow I started at 30 x 3, 20 x 3 and finally 10 x 3. My doctor was going to start me at 40 but I talked her out of it and I'm glad I did. I am having the hardest time sleeping! I am lucky if I get 4 solid hours. I can't think. I think I still have 4 days to go. I'm glad your itchies are getting better too!

Archived