SOoo exciting,, first lady Michelle Obama in town!

Guest LA

Well this certainly doesn't happen every day!,,,,

Saw & heard the United States Air craft plane fly over head yesterday,, Michelle Obama is in Corvallis visiting her brother Craig Robinson (OSU head basketball coach) we live close by them,,so I guess we will just "happen to be in the hood" walking the dog! :)

http://www.katu.com/news/local/127263683.html#idc-container

Actually it might be a good day to take the boys golfing, they live near the course & you can see for miles & miles from some of the holes,,, humm I am not one to be a "star gazer", but it was pretty cool to be in line behind Craig Robinson @ the post office,, & wouldn't you know it I was in my workout clothes with hair lookin a fright & no make up!!! EKkk!! He turned around & made a comment to me that it was the slowest line he'd ever been in,, and wow is he a looker, very handsome guy! ;)

Guest Linda S

WELL. . . . She landed in Eugene before she drove to Corvallis! :D LOL Excitement indeed! It is said her daughters and her mom are with her to visit her brother. How cool is that?

Yes Linda, you pretty much know that some high profile person

flys in on those big honken government Boeing 737, that thing was

massive flying in!

I did walk the dog past their cul-de-sac

and had security ask me some questions!

It's more than a little obvious when they have

the street blocked off & big black Suv's all

over! Personally I think that would get old really

fast living in tight security 24/7.

Craig also wrote an inspiring self help book

"A game of Character" ,, a story of a family journey

from Chicago's south side to Ivy league

& beyond.

It's a really good read, I admire the hard work

they rose above from the "have nots" to inspiring leadership.

:)

Guest Linda S

You betcha - I would not like the fame and the intense protection. I like going where I want, when I want, and not having to worry about having a shadow! Can you imagine wanting to go have a glass of wine with the girls and you have to bring a bunch of stuffed shirts along with you? Not the life for me. You and I can just be fabulous in obscurity!

Archived