Quiltazoid

Debbie Brown

Just received my QZ!! Ready to play, but specifically want to do Arc's and a Pinwheel type pattern. Has anyone done these? I have viewed the video's on the QZ site and the instructions say, "use your Imagination".. Is there a post with instructions for designs that others have already figured out for a beginner user?

Any suggestions / pattern ideas, etc. would be appreciated.

Debbie B.

Terri, I purchased the base package of the QZ and the Little Bit of Everything template comes with it. The arc's I want would be approximately 3-1/2" at the highest point on a 5-1/2" seam. I wanted to create a pinwheel effect on a "Whirlygig" block. Is there a way to get this pinwheel effect?

i just had a friend come over for the weekend and try out lola-baby.

she had 2 quilts to do. the first was a gift for a dear friends anniversary. we used the qz regal template and it turned out great. she was so bloody happy with herself....i was thrilled.

then she did a loose meander on a lap quilt for her son. she used the qz spiral template to put swirls in the pieced corners, and again, she was tickled.

i'm so glad she had so much fun cause i know she'll come back and i really enjoy her company!

you will love your qz!

Thanks Meg,

I'm just kinda stumped on how to get started with my designs. I'm quilting a 8" square "Whirlygig" pattern and want to give it the pinwheel effect. I've used the eccentric tool and did the 16 circle design and the 8 circle design, now what 4 circles? What else can I do after dividing out on the 32 slots?

Thanks for your input.

i don't have access to my studio right now so i'm working from memory, but....

do you have any templates? #15 & little bit of everything might have something.

how about the spiro attachement? look in the book for that under 8" and see what you can find.

if i am reading your post right, which is iffy....lol...try to think outside of the 4 per block mindset. you can give movement to it without limiting yourself to just 4 per block. if you use a thread that isn't real showy - you will only see very thin lines that will give the movement without having them specifically centered in your whirlygigs.

unfortunately, our qz gurus seem to be missing. perhaps bringing this to the top will get you some more input.

good luck!

No, I don't have anyother templates other than the "Little Bit of Everything"... looks like I need to go shopping again at the QZ site..... (don't tell my dear hubby). I have been successful and mixing up 3 different designs on each row of 5 blocks and then on the other rows alternate every other design. That is giving a pretty neat effect. I'll keep playing and trying out new things. It is a really cool addition to my Millie... I like the QZ !!! :D:D

Archived