Cleaning ...

Guest Linda S

Sammi - over the last month I've done both my studio and my spare bedroom/sewing room. I swear the mess I made while cleaning was at least 10 times the mess I already had. The studio wasn't too bad, but the spare room stuff spilled out into the hallway, living room and kitchen before it all finally disappeared. It feels so good to have it handled!

Just had to jump in, wanted to clean a little in room with quilt fabrics and also 40 years of sewing for home dec, bridal, and children/family. got to a lot, felt really good, culled, worked , struggled with decisions. When I finished up my beige carpet was covered in brown fluff, stuff, eeeuuugh. Turns out I had sorted thru the fake fur, (left over from plush animal phase) and the stuff had gotten away, covered almost everything in the room by the time I finally had gotten to the vacuum.....by contrast, quilt fabric is soooo easy:D:D Pat

well, it was full, but not too disorganized before, but...

Montana had flooding. I live on a HILL, and my basement still flooded from ground water. We pumped water for weeks! and, in the battle to prevent the rising water from damaging anything, we really created chaos moving things around. We were lucky enough to stay ahead of it, two nights were really bad, and we had two submersibles with garden hoses, two bissels and two big shop vacs running and five people down there. (thanks to mom, dgf and her hubby)

Now that things are drying out, it's time to get in there and clean up. and, realize that I really don't need ALL of this stuff! We had the sewing machine thread, omg, they follow me home all the time, but what do you do with them? and, they're not small to store, either. Why can't I collect something like...salt shakers? ! lol!

I keep reading that when women live in Chaos, it makes us a little crazy, (Oprah did a show about it) maybe not a just a LITTLE... I need that yard sale tv show to come help me clear out!

I hear that a good clean out is a relief and a weight off our back, so I'm endeavoring to find those machines new homes.

I may keep a couple of the 'different' ones,

just because.

See,

there I go again....

:P

I start in on one area and find things that I really want somewhere else then have to clean the next area to make room there. I've been doing that with my quilting basement and making room for my daughter to move in for awhile. My fabric storage is still a mess-just fabric and books piled on shelves and some still in boxes and my bedroom has become the dumping ground for all things with no home--it's awful right now. My laundry, garage, and dining room table the place for things moving downstairs, upstairs, or to the attic. I figure it will get back to neat one of these days. I HATE clutter

Archived