I broke my Millie

I was quilting and the needle stuck in the fabric coming out of the shaft. I pulled it out and put in a new needle and it will go down to the lowest point and hits on something and won't come up. Did I mess up the timing?

I just posted this in the wrong section, sorry, I don't know ho wto remove it, i'll keep trying. Anyway just tell me if I broke it bad so I can stew on that till Monday.

Carreen, you may have messed up the timing, but first thing to do is to make sure you have the needle in the right way - if you have it in backwards, it can go down, then get stuck coming back up. Move the needle with the flywheel, backwards if necessary, and check the needle - the groove should run down the front, and the "C" shaped scarf should be to the back. Good luck!!

Thanks Barb. I did make sure I had it the right way yesterday and in the process took the little screw out so much it fell out so I got out my spare parts and found another one, couldn't get it in on the same side so put it on the other side. Gosh, I felt like the three stooges, all of them at once! I will try that again though.

No you didn't break your Milli LOL! :)

Call Barb or Linda they will get you going again. I would remove the current needle, take the needle bar plate off and do a real good cleaning with WD40 and oil, etc. Also, do you have a spare bobbin case and spare bobbin? After you clean, put a new needle, new bobbin and case. Give it a try.

And always use a long handled screwdriver to tighten down the needle screw.

Let us know how things work out.

Archived